Tête de phrénologue.
Crackpot science from the early 1900s. Respected physicians professing that specific traits ant concepts are located in specific brain areas. This is way before the left and right brain thing...
Interesting and decorative now, respected and serious science then. Original porcelain heads of the 1850s were a must in every doctor's study.
Kind of like a Beethoven bust on a grand piano...
Popular science, historical, fun, and decorative, it's an iconic desk accessory for a Victorian doctor's office.
- crakled porcelain like Staffordshire
- museum reproduction, quirky decor
- extensive story card included
- fonctionnal as an unique bookend
- hand applied decals, hand drawn patterns and lines
Dimensions : 29 x 16.5 x 14 cm.